GSSS Launch Regulations
- All models/launches to be in compliance with the NAR Model Rocket.Safety
- All models ready to launch must be presented to the RSO for
a safety check.
- When using the ALLEY SYSTEM, permission to launch must be
given by the RSO. A loud 5 second countdown must be used
- An attempt MUST be made to insure that all models
are recovered within the boundries of the park. Using engine/recovery
systems compatible with wind conditions etc. (This does not apply
- High power (Over 30 Newton-seconds) flights, when allowed
by the RSO will be ignited from a minimum distance of 30 feet. (Recovery
as in rule #4).
- Models using more than 30 Newton-seconds of power must use
at least a 3/16" or 1/4" launch rod. If smaller, model
may not be allowed to fly. (RSO to decide)
- MOD-ROC flights will be allowed at the discretion of the
RSO. (Recovery as in rule #4).
- Entry and exit from the launch area will be from one end
only, at the R S O table.
- Static testing of engines will not be allowed.
- Long thrusting engines should only be used in very calm
wind conditions (No more than 4.5 seconds of thrust time can be
flown. Recovery as in rule #4)
- All prepping of models will be done outside of launch area.
- Alcohol is not allowed at any GSSS model